Saturday, March 22, 2014

Paint Shako Saturday




Inspired by my actually finishing a unit of figures last week I have been making slow but steady progress on two early nineteenth century units in shakos (how old school!).

I managed a bit more on my Confederation of the Rhine Infantry first company which are well over half way done now.  For no reason I can quite explain I also dug out some of Boot Hill Miniatures splendid 1836 Mexicans which I started some time ago but then lost in the lead pile.  These are an absolute pleasure to paint (compared with the extremely fiddly Perry figures) and I am enjoying painting them so much I ordered some more this week so I can finish my Matamoros regiment at roughly 1/10 ratio.  

I have no chance of finishing them this weekend as I have a lot to do on them still but will see how I get on.  I'm off to a small local model soldier show in Guildford today and hope to meet up with Eric the Shed but I'm going to try to get a good hour's painting done first.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for participating this week! I added your link to my blog post. Great paint job on the mini's! Have fun on the model show today!
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress so far on the new additions. Evelyn Kraft mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Saturday morning to me, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're making some real progress on the lead pile?

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its amazing what you can find lurking in the lead pile... Hope you enjoyed your show!

    ReplyDelete