Monday, October 08, 2007

Arizona in Arizona

I've spent the last ten days in the Western US visiting Los Angeles, Orange County, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Sacramento. Not much military stuff to be seen (although there is quite a good little California Military museum in Old Sacramento which I went to last year) but I did enjoy the new expanded USS Arizona museum in the State Capitol building in Phoenix.

They have a splendid model of the Arizona and a small part of the ship itself in a room with information on the ship and it's history.


They also have another room containing the silverware of the ship, which is certainly impressive.



I stayed in a lot of hotels during the week but my favourites were the Beverly Hilton, venue of the Golden Globes every year and the Bellagio in Las Vegas of Oceans 11 fame.

Another fleapit hotel.

The most exciting part of the trip was not seeing David Beckam in his SUV in Beverly Hills, nor sitting next to Kenneth Branagh at lunch or indeed the fifty or so starlets queuing up for an audition in Hollywood but a sighting of a Bugatti Veyron outside the Beverly Hilton. Never seen one before! Stunning!


Brrrm!

3 comments:

  1. All this travelling, fast cars, swanky hotels.....you're really James Bond, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the Hilton when that car was there in September. The owners name was George, one of the nicest and most down to earth guys I have ever met. Actually let me sit in that car, that was the high point of my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!

    One of my daughter's school friend's mothers has just bought a pink one!

    ReplyDelete